Sunday 23 September 2012

Am I seeing things.

Okay so here I am ready to do my second run of my "40 before 40". I am still in training for Abingdon so 17 miles is on the cards.
 I am up nice and early and eady for a good breakfast before I set off. Now what should I have ..................mmmmmm the Sausages are calling me so a sausage Sarnie it is (I do hope this wont come back to haunt me later). As you can all see I take my fuelling very seriously (winking smiley where ae you when I need you)
Right so I am fuelled  wrapped up with my new base layer (when did this cold thing happen) and I have been to the loo at least 5 times and have my SIS gel and mini jelly babies in my pocket so off I go.
I set off along the Canal as this is one of my fave routes for a long run. Its very cold and some of the paths feel a tad slippy underfoot. I take it easy as I know I have a long way to go.
Now I am afraid this will be a short blog as my run was pretty uneventful. I felt pretty good and met lots of lovely people who were happy to pass the time of day.
The miles passed by and soon I was heading for my 10th so out came the SIS gel. I must admit that was not my best move. It was kind of like a strange textured Ice Pop and boy did I feel sick. I just about managed to hold on to my breccy  then in the distance.....................................is that...........................noooooooooooooo.........................I must be seeing things. Was that really Scooby Doo on the bridge ahead walking alongside Fred Flintstone. Wow what was in that gel.

I realise after seeing a Macmillan shirt that its a charity walk. Phew Im not hallucinating after all.
It did make me smile and I did consider hopping off the canal and joining them for a little while although they would have probably thought I was a crazy lady. I hope they managed to raise lots of money as Macmillan were brilliant with us when Cammie was sick.

Anyway I am happy to say I managed just under 16.5 miles and feel really good. I may just manage this Marathon after all.


http://connect.garmin.com/activity/225904654#.UF76AJw2I04.facebook

Right thats it for now. Thanks for  reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment